Return & online order policy
Online order cancellation policy
If you need to cancel your order and it is still processing, please use the website chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you with the cancellation. Once orders are ready for pick up or are marked as shipped, they cannot be cancelled. You will need to pick up your order and return it in-store. eBook orders cannot be cancelled and are final sale once purchased. Please see our return policies below for more information.
Shipping refund policy
Orders placed online for delivery are subject to a shipping fee. All shipping fees are non-refundable, even if you return your order. If there is a problem with an order that has been shipped to you, please reach out using the website chat, or email email@example.com so we can help resolve it.
Abandoned order policy
We want to give everyone the opportunity to purchase our items. To make this possible, we are only able to hold online orders in store for 3 months after they are marked ready for pick up. After 3 months, orders will be considered abandoned and will be forfeited. They will not be refunded.
Non-textbook items, such as clothing, stationery, and gift items, are final sale 14 days after your order is ready for pick up. Due to vendor requirements, online orders for textbooks are final sale after the add/drop date for the semester, regardless of whether or not they have been picked up. The return policy for Continuing Education textbooks and course materials may differ. Please view the “Continuing Education textbook and course material return policy” section below for more details.
General book return policy
Books which are not for a course have a return policy of 14 days. Books which are marked as final sale or clearance are considered final sale at the time of purchase.
Textbook and course material return policy
We understand that sometimes you need to return a textbook. To avoid disappointment, we want to make you aware of our return policy. The deadline for textbook returns each semester is the add/drop date for the semester. Be sure to check the key dates for deadlines. The add/drop date may differ for Continuing Education courses. Please see the “Continuing Education textbook and course material return policy” section below.
Returns must meet the following criteria:
- Textbooks and course materials must be in new condition. Textbooks and/or course materials which are shrink-wrapped at the time of purchase must remain in the shrinkwrap to be eligible for a refund.
- Textbooks that were purchased in Used condition must be returned in good condition.
- Textbooks and course materials being shipped back must be sent with the original receipt or online order invoice. No exceptions. Please keep a copy for your records.
- You will be refunded on the card used for the original purchase.
We cannot accept returns for the following items:
- Course packs (unless proof of dropped class is provided)
- Opened shrink-wrapped packages
- Digital materials and most eBooks. (eBooks refunds are determined by their distributor. Please use the chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about specific eBooks.)
- Opened and/or redeemed access codes
- Lab coats, scrubs, goggles and stethoscopes
- Nursing kits
- Calculators (we will replace defective calculators up to one month from purchase date if accompanied by original receipt. After one month, customers are responsible for contacting the manufacturer for repairs or replacements)
- Dictionaries and thesauruses
- Special order books and materials
We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience!
Continuing Education textbook and course material return policy
Continuing Education courses sometimes have irregular dates. For this reason, we want to make sure you have adequate time to determine if you need to keep your textbooks or course materials. Textbooks for Continuing Education courses can be returned for up to 7 days after the first day of classes. After this, they are considered final sale. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us using the website chat on the bottom right of the page.
General merchandise return policy
Most non-textbook items purchased in-store can be returned for a full refund within 14 days from the date of purchase, if accompanied by original receipt and in original condition with the tags attached. Students making a return by mail need to email email@example.com within the refund time period with proof of shipment to confirm the return.
Refunds will not be given for the following items:
- Clothing that has been washed, worn, damaged, or stained
- Clothing with tags removed
- Sale items
- Sealed merchandise that has been opened
- Gift cards
- Headphones, earbuds, charging cables, and USB sticks
- Socks, hats, toques, scarves, or earrings
- Customers are responsible for checking the condition of their items at the time of delivery.
- Defective products will be assessed on a per item basis. Please contact us using the website chat for more information.
Please send packages to:
Mount Royal University
Attn: Cougars Campus Store
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, AB T3E 6K6